Data protection statement
1. Name and contact data of the responsible party:
This information regarding the protection and treatment of information applies to the data processing carried out by the following person:
Attorney Christoph Möller, LL. M., Cl. 45D No. 72 - 61, Medellin, Colombia, Telephone: (+57) (4) 4976318.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, nature and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you open our website www.cmlegal.co, the browser used on your device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a file known as "Logfile". The following information will be collected without your direction and will be stored until automatic deletion occurs:
- IP address of the visitor device,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file requested ,
- Website from the point of access (“Referrer URL"),
- Browser used and the operating system of the device (if applicable) as well as the name of the access provider.
The aforementioned data will used by us for the following purposes:
- Guarantee a good connection to our website
- Guarantee a user friendly experience of our website
- Evaluation of the security and stability of the system
- Other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is in article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter f) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (which hereinafter shall be referred to as GDPR). Our legitimate interest stems from the purposes mentioned above for the collection of data. The data collected will never be used to reach conclusions about you.
b) When using our contact form
If you have questions of any nature, we offer you the option to contact us using a form on the website. To use it, you must provide a valid email address and personal data so that we know who the request comes from, and we can respond to it.
The processing of the data for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter a) of the GDPR, on the basis of the voluntary consent you granted us. The personal data we collect for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completing your request.
3. Data transmission
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
Your personal data will only be transmitted to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent according to article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter a) of the GDPR,
- The transmission pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter f) of the GDPR is required for the affirmation, the exercise, or the defense of a right, and there is no reason to suppose that you have a prevailing interest worthy of protection in the non-transmission of your data,
- In the event of a legal obligation to transmit the data pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter c) of the GDPR,
- Only if legally permitted and necessary in the context of article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter b) of the GDPR for the execution of the contractual obligations with you.
We also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a fixed period of time to optimize ease of use. If you visit our website again to use our services, it will automatically recognize that you have previously visited along with the information you have entered and the settings you have configured, so you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies are required for the purposes mentioned above to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter f) of the GDPR. Most browsers automatically accept cookies.
You can configure your browser so that cookies are not stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before creating a new one. However, completely disabling cookies may restrict you from using some of the functions on our website.
5. Google Web-Fonts
Our website uses Google fonts, the so-called "Google Web-Fonts.” Google Fonts is a service of Google Inc. ("Google"). The integration of these web fonts is done through a query to a server, normally a Google server in the USA. During this process of integration, the server is informed which of our web pages you have visited. Google also stores the IP address of the browser of the device used by the visitor to these web pages. For more information, see Google’s data protection notifications:
We use Google Web-Fonts to make our website more attractive. Google Web-Fonts is used to offer a coherent and attractive image of our online offering. This constitutes a legitimate interest in the context of article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter f) of the GDPR.
6. Google Maps
UnsOur website uses the product Google Maps from the provider Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Google Maps is used to create an attractive presentation of our online offering and to easily locate the sites we have indicated on the website. This constitutes a legitimate interest in the context of article 6, paragraph 1, phrase 1, letter f) of the GDPR.
7. Rights of the interested party
You have the right to:
- Request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of data processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed or will be disclosed, the expected storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, suppression, restriction or opposition of data processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data if they have not been collected by us, and the existence of automatized decision making including the creation of profiles, and when applicable, relevant information about the details of such decision making;
- Request the timely correction of the incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us, in accordance with Article 15 of the GDPR;
- Request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or affirmation, the exercise or the defense of a right, in accordance with article 17 of the GDPR;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, pursuant to article 18 of the GDPR, if you contest the accuracy of the data, if the processing is illegal and you refuse to its deletion, or if we no longer need the data, but you need it for the affirmation, the exercise or the defense of the rights, or if have submitted an opposition to the processing of the data pursuant to article 21 of the GDPR;
- Receive the personal data that you have provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that they be transmitted to another responsible party, in accordance with article 20 of the GDPR;
- To revoke the consent granted to us at any time in accordance with article 7, paragraph 3 of the GDPR. As a consequence, we will no longer be able to continue the data processing based on this consent, and
- To file an appeal with a supervisory authority in accordance with article 77 of the GDPR. For this purpose, you can normally contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or work or at our company headquarters.
8. Right to opposition
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with article 6, paragraph 1, sentence 1 littoral f) of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with article 21 of the GDPR if there are reasons that stem from your particular situation or if the opposition is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of opposition, which will be applied by us without specifying a particular situation. To make use of your right of revocation or opposition, simply send an email to
9. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) procedure within visits to our website, in combination with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser doesn't support 256-bit encryption, we will convert to 128-bit v3 technology. You can find out whether an individual page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or padlock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological advances.
10. Applicable law
Due to the location of the server in Germany, this data protection declaration is based on European legislation, particularly on Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data (abbreviated General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR).
In any case, all the data protection rules and procedures of Colombian legislation are also met, in particular the obligations established in Statutory Law 1581 of 2012, by which general provisions for the protection of personal data are dictated, their current respective regulatory decrees and resolutions of the Colombian authority responsible for data protection (Superintendency of Industry and Commerce - Office for the Protection of Personal Data). In this sense, the person in charge of data protection for Colombia is attorney Christoph Möller, LL. M., Cl. 45D No. 72 - 61, Medellín, Colombia, Telephone: (+57) (4) 497631, contact via email:
11. Validity and modification of this data protection statement
This data protection statement is active and was updated in June 2020.
Due to further developments of our website and the offers it contains, or due to a change in the legal or administrative dispositions, it may be necessary to modify this data protection statement. The current data protection statement can be consulted and printed at any time on the website at www.cmlegal.co/data-protection-statement